This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Invest in Surrey service that incorporates/carries out inward investment and business engagement functions within Surrey County Council.
Date of issue – 27 November 2018
Review date – November 2020
The reasons why we use your personal data
Surrey County Council collects information about you in order to provide you with one or more of the following services:
- Information to allow businesses and/or their representatives to benchmark Surrey as a business investment location
- Information on business support available in Surrey
- Information on major development opportunities in Surrey
- Commercial property searches
What Information do we collect?
- Contact Name,
- Business Name,
- Contact details – email and phone number
- Nature of query
How we are allowed to use your personal data
We will use the information for the following purposes:
- To maintain communications with you in relation to your specific enquiry
- To communicate with you in the future in relation to information about future events or developments which align with your stated interests
- The legal basis for our use of this information is your consent – we will only retain your details if you have positively indicated that you are happy for us to do so. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal information with other organisations which may be able to assist us in providing you with a more effective and detailed response to your enquiry, for example:
- Other local authorities and public sector bodies, including local enterprise partnerships
- Business organisations such as Surrey Chamber of Commerce
- Commercial property agents
Retention of data
We will keep your personal information during the period of your enquiry being live and for a period of up to 5 years.
You have some legal rights in respect of the personal information we collect from you.
For further information on the Surrey County Council Privacy Notice please follow this link